Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: virtual-box doesnt work for 64bit

Beans

virtual-box doesnt work for 64bit

I need to use virtual-box to run other os's but i want to run 64 bit-versions but if i do it doesn't work i attached pictures. of the processes of me doing it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: virtual-box doesnt work for 64bit

Can't see any pictures. Did you really attach them?

Beans

In order to run a 64bit client in virtualbox, your hardware must be 64bit. Incase you are using a 32bit operating system on a 64bit hardware then hardware virtualization must also be in BIOS settings.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by 2F4U View Post
    Can't see any pictures. Did you really attach them?
    Quote Originally Posted by pkadeel View Post
    In order to run a 64bit client in virtualbox, your hardware must be 64bit. Incase you are using a 32bit operating system on a 64bit hardware then hardware virtualization must also be in BIOS settings.
    Dont worrie i have 64bit ubuntu.
    and here is a resend of the picture.

they were bigger then the max size so there are two parts so ya i numbered the pics for ya
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

This

Beans

It is the problem of hardware virtualization according to image 16 & 17. You have it enabled in your client machine setup but in host's BIOS it is turned off.
    Either turn it of in client or turn it on in host's BIOS.

As a side note, 10GB is not sufficient for windows 7. As per microsoft minimum space requirement for win 7 is;
    16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)

Beans

It is the problem of hardware virtualization according to image 16 & 17. You have it enabled in your client machine setup but in host's BIOS it is turned off.
    Either turn it of in client or turn it on in host's BIOS.

As a side note, 10GB is not sufficient for windows 7. As per microsoft minimum space requirement for win 7 is;
    16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    thank you i shal try that and plz if virual box 64 bit exsistes or there are repositorys that synaptic package manager doesnt speak of tellme.

I WILL REPOST THE LAST PICTURES AFTER I CHANGE MY MISSTAKE.

STILL DAES THE SAME THING WHEN I GIVE IT 25 GIGS. AND I WENT T THE PACAGE MANAGER AND INSTALED EVER PACAGE THAT HAD VIRTUALBOX IN THERE NAME

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

In the repositories, you have only the VirtualBox OSE (Open Source Edition), but there are different 32-bit and 64-bit free-of-charge versions at virtualbox.org which are different and non-open source.

To use these versions you must have some understanding of adding repositories to your /etc/sources.list, the problems and pitfalls.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jonathandawdy View Post
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    thank you i shal try that and plz if virual box 64 bit exsistes or there are repositorys that synaptic package manager doesnt speak of tellme.

I WILL REPOST THE LAST PICTURES AFTER I CHANGE MY MISSTAKE.

STILL DAES THE SAME THING WHEN I GIVE IT 25 GIGS. AND I WENT T THE PACAGE MANAGER AND INSTALED EVER PACAGE THAT HAD VIRTUALBOX IN THERE NAME
    Yes there are both 32bit and 64bit versions available at virtualbox.org site. Instead of downloading the .deb file, I personally prefer installing it through their repository. Detailed procedure is clearly mentioned in the linux downloads section.

One thing which I forgot to mention in my last post is that if by any chance you opt to disable hardware virtualization for client then you shall also allocate only one cpu for the client otherwise you will again get the VT-x disabled error message.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast