Thread: Files on Computer and Ubuntu one NOT sync

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Files on Computer and Ubuntu one NOT sync

I have certain files on my notebook and desktop machines which I also copied to "Ubuntu One".
    Now Ubuntu supposed to sync these files when you make a change in one of these files but that doesn't happen.

Besides Ubuntu One I also have Dropbox on my machines could that be interfering with "Ubuntu One"?
    "Some people say if you play a windows cd backwards it plays satanic messages. That's nothing, because if you play it forwards it installs windows!" (Author unknown)

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: Files on Computer and Ubuntu one NOT sync

Quote Originally Posted by JohnPta View Post
    I have certain files on my notebook and desktop machines which I also copied to "Ubuntu One".
    Now Ubuntu supposed to sync these files when you make a change in one of these files but that doesn't happen.

Besides Ubuntu One I also have Dropbox on my machines could that be interfering with "Ubuntu One"?
    While I was transitioning from Dropbox to Ubuntu One, I had both running, and I never noticed any interference, but I was only syncing the default directories (and sub-directories underneath). That is: home/username/DropBox (IIRC) and home/username/'Ubuntu One'. So of the 'master' was in home/username/DropBox, I would edit it there, and after I closed the application, I would manually copy the data file to home/username/'Ubuntu One'.
    Last edited by mparillo; November 18th, 2012 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Clarified master