Thread: Configure or disable brigthness and keyboard backlight keys on Unity

Beans

Configure or disable brigthness and keyboard backlight keys on Unity

Hi all,

I'm running Ubuntu 12.10 on a MacBookPro 9,2, installation quite standard. Standard f1/f2 keys to change screen brightness and f5/f6 for keyboard backlight mostly work, but I have two problems:
    1) when I hold the keys they only move the brightness of one step, does not continue to reduce/increase the luminosity
    2) keyboard backlight is not automatically adjusted based on the external luminosity, like it is on MacOSX, nor is switched off when the keyboard is not used for a while.

I wonder if it is possible to configure this behavior, or to disable them from unity so that I can manage brightness and keyboard backlight using pommed.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Configure or disable brigthness and keyboard backlight keys on Unity

Quote Originally Posted by arcimboldo View Post
    Hi all,

I'm running Ubuntu 12.10 on a MacBookPro 9,2, installation quite standard. Standard f1/f2 keys to change screen brightness and f5/f6 for keyboard backlight mostly work, but I have two problems:
    1) when I hold the keys they only move the brightness of one step, does not continue to reduce/increase the luminosity
    2) keyboard backlight is not automatically adjusted based on the external luminosity, like it is on MacOSX, nor is switched off when the keyboard is not used for a while.

I wonder if it is possible to configure this behavior, or to disable them from unity so that I can manage brightness and keyboard backlight using pommed.
    Since this is a mac, I would suggest starting a new thread under
    apple users, I'm sure you will get more response there.

Beans

Good idea: I've re-posted in http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=12349845 since I don't know if there is a way to *move* a thread.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Duplicate.

Closed.