Thread: System 76 Lemur - Built-In Speaker Problem

Beans

System 76 Lemur - Built-In Speaker Problem

Hi all!
    I recently flooped up my Lemur, it crashed during an Ubuntu update and I had to restore from a USB install and recover my files manually, and after I got 12.10 running, surprise! My computer no longer recognizes my built in speakers. So far so good with everything else.

When I go into System Settings and go to Sound, the only options I have for output is 'Headphones'

I installed System76 Driver and restored to factory defaults, no success there, and after some quick google searches, I still haven't come across anybody who has experienced this problem.

Anybody know how I might fix this?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: System 76 Lemur - Built-In Speaker Problem

Quote Originally Posted by PaPaSquat View Post
    Hi all!
    I recently flooped up my Lemur, it crashed during an Ubuntu update and I had to restore from a USB install and recover my files manually, and after I got 12.10 running, surprise! My computer no longer recognizes my built in speakers. So far so good with everything else.

When I go into System Settings and go to Sound, the only options I have for output is 'Headphones'

I installed System76 Driver and restored to factory defaults, no success there, and after some quick google searches, I still haven't come across anybody who has experienced this problem.

Anybody know how I might fix this?
    Try jiggling a headphone plug in the jack a little. I've seen a couple of cases where the small mute-switch in the jack (That tells the system that headphones are plugged in) becomes stuck and sound only outputs through the headphone jack, despite there not being any headphones plugged in.
    Ian Santopietro - System76 Technical Support.
    Open a Support Ticket!
    Ask a Sales Question!