Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What native linux games are you playing currently?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

What native linux games are you playing currently?

Over the past couple weeks, what native (non-wine) linux games have you been playing?

I've been checking out Torchlight, gearing up to play Amnesia, and trying to beat the last mission in Anomaly Warzone Earth (if I remember the title right).

What are you up to?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: What native linux games are you playing currently?

I came back to VVVVVV, Super Meat Boy and Anomaly Warzone.

Otherwise, I'm still playing Bygfoot (for 6 years! I've 79 season now), Blub Volley, 0.A.D., EDGE. Yeap, they're veery simple games but I love them

monkeybrain2012 is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans

Yo Frankie?

Beans

Killing Floor
    Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45
    Nikki and the Robots

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

Dominions 3 (of course), Superbrothers RPG, Torchlight, Battle for Wesnoth, Widelands, roguelikes, Bastion, etc., etc.

I drink my Ubuntu black, no sugar.
    Ubuntu user 28819

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by oldrocker99 View Post
    Dominions 3 (of course), Superbrothers RPG, Torchlight, Battle for Wesnoth, Widelands, roguelikes, Bastion, etc., etc.
    What roguelikes do you play? I'm a huge huge fan of the genre, though I haven't really gotten very good at any

http://linuxgamereview.blogspot.com/...-on-linux.html

At the risk of advertising, I talked a bit about roguelikes on my blog.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

Talking Re: What native linux games are you playing currently?

Quote Originally Posted by weasel fierce View Post
    What roguelikes do you play? I'm a huge huge fan of the genre, though I haven't really gotten very good at any

http://linuxgamereview.blogspot.com/...-on-linux.html

At the risk of advertising, I talked a bit about roguelikes on my blog.
    Nice blog, too. I've played a lot of the ones you mentioned, and was interested to read about Brogue and Frozen Depths, which I had not heard about. I probably enjoyed Angband the most. In fact, I wrote a review for a disk-based Amiga magazine in 1988, and included a save file for the Uf-da last level. Never got included due to space contstraints. I might get back into it yet again.

I drink my Ubuntu black, no sugar.
    Ubuntu user 28819

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by oldrocker99 View Post
    Nice blog, too. I've played a lot of the ones you mentioned, and was interested to read about Brogue and Frozen Depths, which I had not heard about. I probably enjoyed Angband the most. In fact, I wrote a review for a disk-based Amiga magazine in 1988, and included a save file for the Uf-da last level. Never got included due to space contstraints. I might get back into it yet again.
    I actually have Angband on my Amiga 1200, sitting right next to the linux box

Big fan of Angband, though I think I've probably played more Dungeon Crawl at this point.

Brogue is well recommended. It's a nice "quick" RL too.

Beans

Rochard is my current favorite followed by torchlight. I just wish TL 2 was released for Linux. As soon as steam gets released I'll be killing zombies all night, natively.
    Steam: ubuntugamer( Add me ) | Gaming: Left 4 Dead 2, Metro Last Light, Assassin's Creed 4, Forced

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Can we also plug non-commercial/freeware games too? =P

- Lots of Quake III launched directly with OpenArena's 8.8 native linux binary as a mod, and of course, some OpenaArena to go with that. XD

- Urban Terror for epic online shooting matches mixed with a little parkour, and fun hats. =P

- Freeciv for classic CivII RTS play.

- Sonic Robo Blast 2. Dumb name, but it has great third person platforming and smooth analog controls, great presentation, epic soundtrack, a ton of user-made content, and visually easy on the eyes for something built on top of the Doom engine! Yes, it has a PPA of a native Linux port for Ubuntu!

- Linux-native versions of all my favorite emulators, and they even run better than their Windows counterparts to beat it all! It's great not having to rely on WINE for classic games anymore. Even Mupen64 and PCSX run nicely on my 64-bit machine, whereas the former stuttered constantly on the 32-bit edition of Ubuntu, for whatever reason.
    Last edited by LillyDragon; November 11th, 2012 at 08:48 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast