Thread: Photo Transfer Hang

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Question Photo Transfer Hang

Hi, all. I've run into a small issue and I'm wondering if anyone might have some suggestions.

I'm attempting to download photos from my DSLR (Canon EOS 550D) to my Ubuntu 12.10 (laptop). I can access the files, grab them, and start import; however, after about 10-20 image transfers, I notice that the process either hangs or completely ceases. I've checked the DSLR 'time out' and power saving features (I thought perhaps it was going into power saving mode), and have done the same with my laptop. Still, I can only import about 10-20 images before things just stop.

Does anyone have any insight as to what processes may (or may not) be going on to affect this issue?

SPECS:
    • MacBook Pro (Ubuntu Quantal - neat), Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.5GHz
    • NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT
    • Freq: 800MHz
    • L2 Cache: 6144KB
    • 3935MB Memory 4074MB (swap)
    Last edited by MyTinFoilHat; November 11th, 2012 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Mis-categorized. should be [Ubuntu]

Beans

Re: Photo Transfer Hang

I have the same problem. For me copying files with Nautilus or Shotwell doesn't work after ugrading from 12.04 to 12.10.

This affects my eos 550d, but not my Olympus tg810 or eos 350d.

Regards
    Trond

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Photo Transfer Hang

Quote Originally Posted by tenbones79 View Post
    I have the same problem. For me copying files with Nautilus or Shotwell doesn't work after ugrading from 12.04 to 12.10.

This affects my eos 550d, but not my Olympus tg810 or eos 350d.

Regards
    Trond
    Looks like the crickets are still chirping over this one. The simplest solution so far has been to stick the card in a reader and transfer from there...