Thread: How to Mount/Use HD in Linux Mint & Windows 7 Dual boot

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

How to Mount/Use HD in Linux Mint & Windows 7 Dual boot

Hello,

I recently installed Linux Mint alongside Windows 7 (with Windows 7 being the primary OS), and Linux Mint won't mount the Hard Disk from the Windows 7 OS. I can use the partition (or whatever it does when you use the Windows Installer version for Mint 15) for the Linux side of it just fine.

Any idea of what to do? Thanks for the tips!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: How to Mount/Use HD in Linux Mint & Windows 7 Dual boot

Quote Originally Posted by kenizl86 View Post
    I can use the partition (or whatever it does when you use the Windows Installer version for Mint 15) for the Linux side of it just fine.
    Does this mean that you used the Mint version of the wubi installer? I think the equivalent is called mint4win in Mint. If it is like wubi, then your Windows C: partition is already mounted inside the /host folder. Open the file manager and click on "Computer", "File System", or whatever Mint calls the selection to show the main system filesystem. You should see the /host folder with all the other system folders. Open /host and you'll see the Windows C: folders.

I hope that gets you where you need to go. One thing that puzzles me is that Mint 15 is based on Ubuntu 13.04, but 13.04 dropped the wubi installer due to lack of developer time. Perhaps a Mint user will have more information.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.