Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for a decent NON-Logitech mouse

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Looking for a decent NON-Logitech mouse

I bought a Glaser A4Tech wired mouse because it really does work on any surface.
    After a few months the scroll wheel stopped working, I dismantled it to see if dirt had got in the sensor but to no avail.
    So now I can't decide what to buy

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by ratcheer View Post
    Mouses (or is it mice?) are things for which I actually still prefer the Microsoft brand.

Tim
    when i was in high school, the English teacher looked that up with a computer mouse it is mouses, the rodent (or cat food) is mice
    Laptop: ASUS A54C-NB91 (Storage: WD3200BEKT + MKNSSDCR60GB-DX); Desktop: Custom Build - Images included; rPi Server
    Putting your Networked Printer's scanner software to shame PHP Scanner Server
    I frequently edit my post when I have the last post

Beans

After my last Logitech broke I got a cheap Prestigio Racer mouse. It's still going strong after many years and I love this mouse. http://www.prestigio.com/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by x-shaney-x View Post
    For as many years as I can remember, I have used Logitech mouses.
    Unfortunately, every single one of those mouses has had exactly the same problem... the middle-click has died.

My latest one is only a few months old and it is taking several clicks to open a new tab.
    Although all Logitech ones, the prices of them have varied wildy from very cheap to very expensive but still they have all gone the same way.

So I am looking for a new mouse and wonder what people have had good results with?

Criteria:

Preferably not too expensive, I have found you don't ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Must have a nano receiver as I use a laptop and prefer to leave it plugged in all the time.

Not interested in loads of buttons to do different things, just need left, right and middle-click with a scroll wheel.
    Hi,
    For mouse, i would prefer Microsoft .

Regards,
    Abhinav
    Last edited by Abhinav Kumar; November 11th, 2012 at 11:29 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

We have a three year old V450 laser Cordless for the notebook and better battery life than a four year old V320 now relegated to the netbook.

My venerable seven? year old MX1000 rechargeable wireless has worked very hard for its money. Big heavy and right handed but programming all its 11 switches is a problem with linux.

My next mouse will be a Logitech unifying model to co-exist with a K340 keyboard to save on USB connectors. I need to run both an English and Swiss keyboards switchable on my desktop.

I do have an old venerable Dell USB USB connected with is roller ball which you need to clean every now and then, to lend to guests.
    My oldest mouse, a two button IBM PS2 still works as a museum piece with a PS2/USB adaptor.

I found that it was function, not the mouse breaking, that made me change. We have never had a problem with our Logitechs

Beans

Vìs a vìs keyboard layouts...

When I'm running Linux, I always use the USA International Alt GR Dead Keys layout, because it's the closest to the intuitive way Apple has always given access to accents and alternate characters. In fact, because it's a broader and fuller implementation of the concept, I would argue that, with adjustment, it's better than Apple's approach.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Arrow Re: Looking for a decent NON-Logitech mouse

Quote Originally Posted by MisterGaribaldi View Post
    The only people I know of to wear mice out are gamers.
    Nope, I'm not a gamer...Perhaps it's partly cause I Gimp so much?
    Perhaps now that i have a Bamboo my mouse might last longer..Time will tell.
    A friendly & helpful Linux community who has started a large cursor theme project. If you are sick of tiny cursors, go here and get one.
    http://linuxinternationals.org/forum...orum.php?f=166

Beans

Anyone have experience of ASUS mouses?

As an early adopter of the Nexus 7 tablet, I am entitled to a £25 coupon from at the ASUS store so was thinking of using it to get one of their mouses.

Beans

Thumbs up Re: Looking for a decent NON-Logitech mouse

Quote Originally Posted by pqwoerituytrueiwoq View Post
    when i was in high school, the English teacher looked that up with a computer mouse it is mouses, the rodent (or cat food) is mice
    Thanks. That was the way I was leaning, too.

Tim
    Cyberpower PC, Core i5 2500 3.3 gHz, 8GB DDR3, ATI 6770 1GB, Samsung BX 2440 LED 1080p, 1 TB SATA III, 2 TB SATA III, Siduction Linux 64-bit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12