Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NWN Diamond dvd working in 12.10 yey! 64bit movies to

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: NWN Diamond dvd working in 12.10 yey! 64bit movies to

Sorry so long to respond, I am in school again. I dont really know at this point however try making the short cuts again (not for game but for files) I would run through the guide again to see if it is some to with the system.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by gtmaneki View Post
    I recently switched computers. Aside from replacing six-year-old hardware with newer stuff, I also switched from Ubuntu 12.04 32-bit to 12.10 64-bit.

I copied over all my NWN files that had worked so well on the old computer, installed all the libraries, but when I launch NWN now it hangs. I see the nwmain process running, but the game never starts.

ldd confirms all the libraries are in place. Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong?
    That's pretty much the same thing happening to me. The main difference is that I didn't even change hardware nor architecture. I have just upgraded my laptop from Precise 64 to Quantal 64. In Precise it was working nicely, in Quantal it just hangs there, as described by gtmaneki. I even tried to redo the installation proces, but no luck -- it just hangs there. I really can't figure out what is causing this... So any idea would be still VERY appreciated. Thanks!

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot to say that I don't have the Diamond edition but the Deluxe one. But the installation process described here is pretty much identical to what I did years ago... So I see no reason why it wouldn't work now.
    Last edited by frankob; March 30th, 2013 at 03:00 AM.
    Omnia sunt communia.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Having the same problem here.

Enjoying NWN isn't getting easier, is it?

Beans
    Distro

I guess it's not... :-/
    Omnia sunt communia.

Beans
    Distro

I am pretty sure it is because the symlinks are off, and also the symlinks for the files in ia32, it is possible that some of them either moved or have slightly different names, however mine still works so i cannot reproduce the issue here, but I am on the same computer.

You could try a reinstall, run ./fixinstall again maybe and check out any errors also check out the logs in the log files somewhere in you nwn folder. Sorry i cant be of much help, being in school again takes up my time.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by frankob View Post
    That's pretty much the same thing happening to me. The main difference is that I didn't even change hardware nor architecture. I have just upgraded my laptop from Precise 64 to Quantal 64. In Precise it was working nicely, in Quantal it just hangs there, as described by gtmaneki. I even tried to redo the installation proces, but no luck -- it just hangs there. I really can't figure out what is causing this... So any idea would be still VERY appreciated. Thanks!

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot to say that I don't have the Diamond edition but the Deluxe one. But the installation process described here is pretty much identical to what I did years ago... So I see no reason why it wouldn't work now.

If you switched to 64bit i assume the problem is with a few things. like ia32libs and the symlinks wont match up, so they would all need to be redone, cant be copied over. some have totally changed the file location on the computer even. You would need to redo the symlinks because they lead to the location of where the 3bit libs were on a 32bit system, they are located different places on a 64bit.

This is just one possability, it could be something wasnt installed, or a name of a file changed, mae sure you all have the sdl libraries to.l and you
    ay need to mae sure you have the 32 bit o0nes, dont forget multiarch as well.

Beans
    Distro

As I said:
    ...I didn't even change hardware nor architecture.
    , gtmaneki did.

In my case, everything is the same. At first It was complaining something about a lib, as usual after I upgrade my system. I fixed that, and it just hangs there, and not showing any error anywhere. So I really don't know what to do next.
    I don't believe it's the symlinks, because in those cases it complains about missing libs or something... But than again, if it IS something about the links, where should any of us start from? It really doesn't show any error anywehere. I even tried to redo the whole intallation process -- same result.
    It is obvious that there is something different with the system, but I can't figure out what...

Raring is coming soon. Who knows if there NWN will "magically" start to work again...
    Omnia sunt communia.

Beans
    Distro

I updated to 13.04 and my nwn is still working fine, actually its working a little faster. sorry as i said I cant be of much help atm but I know skildron is still active in the forums on social bioware com (the spaces are periods, it wont let me post a link) so maybe if you post there some of them could help those of you still having issues.

Beans

I ran into the same issue on 13.04 with NWN refusing to start. With ./libs in the LD path it would segfault and without it it would hang (kill -9 required).

This fixed it for me:

Code:
    sudo mv /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libtxc_dxtn.so /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libtxc_dxtn.nwncrapsout.so

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

mactalla: please award yourself an extra choccie biccie from me. Identical symptoms and a very frustrating 2 days. Your trick works for me How did you track it down to that particular lib?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast