Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I have 2 questions....please help.

Beans

Re: I have 2 questions....please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfy View Post
    please do not bump your thread as often lest it be closed for 24 hours

this issue is of no more importance than any others, volunteers will answer as they wish to

I don't know what you mean by bump, but I would like for you to know that I do not feel my post is more important than others. I was simply responding to the person that asked me to try something. Don't worry I will not come here anymore. Please delete my account. ....assuming is tacky...you should ask my intentions before wrongfully assuming them.

Thank you,

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by SweetGAPeach View Post
    I don't know what you mean by bump, but I would like for you to know that I do not feel my post is more important than others. I was simply responding to the person that asked me to try something. Don't worry I will not come here anymore. Please delete my account. ....assuming is tacky...you should ask my intentions before wrongfully assuming them.

Thank you,
    I don't know why that mod said you were bumping your thread, he was wrong! I hope you stick around as this community is very helpful.

The errors you have are very weird, when booting can you hit shift so you are presented with the grub boot menu and see if you can boot to an earlier kernel?

It's also possible you're grub install got hosed and grub can't find your kernel. You could give Boot Repair a try, it's here:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/boot-repair-cd/files/
    and how to use it here:
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Boot-Repair

You may just want to back up your important stuff and do a fresh install if you don't have too many modifications done from a new install. It's your choice obviously.

BUT please stick around, don't be intimidated by one persons actions that do NOT represent Ubuntu community as a whole.

Beans

When you say you end up on an "older version of Ubuntu", what does that mean? An older kernel, an older desktop environment? What are you seeing that leads you to that conclusion?

I'm curious because you only seem to have one partition, so it's not as if you could have two parallel installs on separate partitions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12