Thread: ASUS USB-N13 Cutting Out

Beans

Unhappy ASUS Wifi Cutting Out

I bought an ASUS usb wifi card that claimed Linux compatibility. I have done quite a bit of research and most people seem to be having problems getting the card to work at all. This is not my issue.

It was simply plug and play for me, for the first 30 minutes. After some time passes Kubuntu asks for the wifi password that I have already given it. When I give it the password it will not accept it, even though it previously did.

After some playing around I discovered that the issue is it cannot communicate with my wireless router. In fact it cannot detect any SSIDs (there are about 5 around me).

Oddly enough, if I unplug the wifi card and plug it back in it will work just fine for about 30 minutes to an hour. I can see no connection to any actions I'm taking and the cut outs.

Any ideas? I am currently running Kubuntu 12.04 with kernel version 3.2.0-29.
    Last edited by LordXandor; November 9th, 2012 at 09:14 PM.

Beans

Angry Re: ASUS USB-N13 Cutting Out

I have exactly the same problem.. ..I'm a linux newbie and I'we been fighting with this for the past two days.
    Btw changing the USB port seems to help (for a while) but eventually it will cut out..
    Any advice ?

Thanks in advance!