Thread: New Comers

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Thumbs up New Comers

Hi,

Hope this is the right place for such note/feedback/call it what you want

Since I have joined Ubutnu Forum until now, this is keep happening over and over again. New Comers always have hard time specially on their first threads when they post about something they don't really know and the best guys with many years of experience and lots of skills jump in to help.
    For the first time, it looks GREAT but when you think again or, to be more accurate, when you read the very second reply from the OP, you will come to know that he/she, well, in most cases, did NOT understand ANYTHING from what the other poster was trying to explain

This is, IMHO, a real problem.

Long story short, I'm not sure if the beginners team is still alive or not? but the Beginner Section here does need a team who can go so easy on a new comer and guide them step by step until fixing his/her issue.
    While the other experienced and skilled guys can do something else.

Just a thought and a suggestion.

I'm sure this is NOT new at all but I have never talked about it publicly

Since I have started to help some new comers or any average user, I always make sure to go as easy as possible with them.
    I'm sure you will understand what I mean

Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: New Comers

Hi amjjawad

Yep, this comes up over and over. Unfortunately it's just the nature of these sorts of things.

One of the advantages of a forum over other sorts of help is that you can come along later and when you see what you describe, break it down for a beginner. And one would hope that either the "expert" or someone else will if the beginner is confused.

Experts are needed in the beginners forum because often beginners experience problems only the experts can solve.

I hope you see what I mean.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: New Comers

Unfortunately there's not much that can be done imo - as long as new users are not put off asking for clarification and getting it.

Generally anyone who turns up wanting help is mostly going to be interested in getting something fixed. I know I was. Try and engage them after that.

As far as I know the Beginners Team is not about helping new users on the forum any longer, people from it both past and present might do so - but the team is more about other aspects of Ubuntu now.

The Ubuntu Beginners Team exists to enhance the initial experience of new Ubuntu users and to guide existing Ubuntu users to become part of the global Ubuntu community.