Thread: Updating Unetbootin question?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Updating Unetbootin question?

Hello fellow Ubuntarians,,

Is there a way to update Unetbootin or is there a new version
    that includes the latest ISO images,,Ive done all my updates and still see only the older ISO's
    available from drop down menu of choices?

Im running 12.04

Thanks Tom
    Last edited by 577 Jersey; November 8th, 2012 at 05:23 PM.

Beans

Re: Updating Unetbootin question?

Hello
    Upgrade Unetbootin software or ISO image?

Beans
    Distro

I would like to upgrade the ISO images that appear in the choices so I can make sticks of recent releases.

Thanks Tom

Beans

You should add new ISO image.

Beans
    Distro

Thats my problem,,
    I dont know how to add a new ISO image to the choices given on the software.I would love for 12.04.mint 13,and all the latest releases to be choices already on the drop down menu,,is there a way to update for this?

Thanks

Beans

I am running Lubuntu 12.04, it is bang upto date and until recently I had no real problems. However yesterday I tried to use Unetbootin in order to try the latest 12.10 version and then I hit a problem!

After entering my password the first screen comes up but it does not respond at all, it is frozen and will not even close on 'kill', I have to shutdown and restart. I have tried a Unetbootin re-install, remove completely and install, and an update to latest version, all to no avail.

I should add that I have used the packaged Unetbootin many times in the past but perhaps interestingly in the light of the above, with varying degrees of success so is it a Lubuntu bug or what? I finally got to try 12.10 64 bit via Windows 7 'Universal Installer' but clearly this should not be necessary.

Please help as I am now a 99% Lubuntu convert and only keep W7 because it's there.

Keep up the good work, BFN Lanzaman

Beans

I have just updated to Lubuntu 12.10 and re-installed Unetbootin and I am pleased to say that all is now well.

PS - Like the new look!

Beans

This is a follow on from posting last November, there is something strange going on but I don't know what!

Since upgrading Lubuntu from 12.04 32 bit to 12.10 32 bit on my Desktop PC, Unetbootin has gone full circle - first it would not work, then it did and now its not! It is the latest version 577-quantal but it does not work at all. In fact it freezes and I have to reboot the computer. This is more or less a repeat of my November posting but with a suggestion/question - is the problem associated with keeping the OS upto date?

In contrast I downloaded the latest version 583 direct from Unetbootin and it works perfectly but only as an executable file and whilst this resolves my immediate problem it's not the way it should be is it?. I have tried un-installing and re-installing the repository version but it makes no difference, it will not run and I can't change the version it installs.

Strangely the 64 bit Lubuntu 12.10 version installed on the same computer works ok, likewise the 32 bit version on my acer one netbook.

Any views?

PS - whist posting I will add that I don't like the new 12.10 version of 'Disks' as accessed from the menu -'Accessories', the old was much better!

PPS - Still can't find anything to beat Lubuntu!

Beans

If you have problems with unetbootin you can try Multisystem. That way you can have more then one iso on your usb stick and opportunity to try every one as live CD.
    There is no greater religion than a truth.