Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steam not starting after install

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

Re: Steam not starting after install

The open-source Linux drivers for Intel are better than you might expect, from my experience with a Sandy Bridge Chromebook. There aren't any proprietary Linux Intel drivers, in fact; Intel works pretty closely with the open source developers, and posts source code for all their drivers. Open Synaptic and do a search (not a quick search) for intel; you may see files that aren't installed, or files with an up arrow on them, meaning that they're upgradeable.

And good luck.

I drink my Ubuntu black, no sugar.
    Ubuntu user 28819

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by oldrocker99 View Post
    The open-source Linux drivers for Intel are better than you might expect, from my experience with a Sandy Bridge Chromebook. There aren't any proprietary Linux Intel drivers, in fact; Intel works pretty closely with the open source developers, and posts source code for all their drivers. Open Synaptic and do a search (not a quick search) for intel; you may see files that aren't installed, or files with an up arrow on them, meaning that they're upgradeable.

And good luck.
    X.Org X server -- Intel i8xx, i9xx display driver
    This and some 4 other X.Org programs were not installed. But when I marked it for installation, a lot of other software was to be removed including Ubuntu-desktop. I'm not sure I'm supposed to install this or not.
    I LOVE UBUNTU!!!!!!!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

Go ahead and install, making note of which programs are to be removed, then install and resinstall the removed programs; ubuntu-desktop removal will not break your system.

I drink my Ubuntu black, no sugar.
    Ubuntu user 28819

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by oldrocker99 View Post
    Go ahead and install, making note of which programs are to be removed, then install and resinstall the removed programs; ubuntu-desktop removal will not break your system.
    I forgot to mention earlier, the package also says-'it's quantal', 'it's raring' etc. I can't find 'it's precise' though.
    I LOVE UBUNTU!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12