Thread: Cant resolve on other machines

Beans

Cant resolve on other machines

Hi

I have a small ubuntu machine with zenphoto, piwigo and wordpress installed...

Everything was working ok but suddenly I am not able to access the server with a FQDN but I can if i use the server itself... So...

On the server. Open a browser. enter the FQDN and everything works just fine. All of my web apps. No problem using local IP too.

On another machine if I try the FQDN I get prompted to save a file. This happens on any of my web sites on my ubuntu box that I serve. If I use the local IP address within the LAN everything is fine.

How do I solve the problem of not being able to use the FQDN on other machines. Its not a local machine cache we have emptied browser caches and histories, asked friends to try all with the same result. Port forwarding is on. Used a port checker and ftp access using FQDN from anywhere is fine... so Im looking at an apache or PHP issue here I think...?

I used LAMP to install apache, php and mysql

Can anyone help please?

Del
    Last edited by deljones; November 8th, 2012 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Poor spelling & clarification

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Cant resolve on other machines

Please do not post duplicate threads. Closed.