Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can Band in a Box be used with Jack?

Beans

Can Band in a Box be used with Jack?

I have not been able to run Band in a Box under WINE and get any output sound with Jack running. Is it possible?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Can Band in a Box be used with Jack?

You probably need wineasio.

Cheers! Pablo

Beans

Thank you for the replies. I do have wineasio and can use it to run VSTHost and Reaper. I have seen the link regarding getting BIAB to run using winetricks and WMP10 and have WMP10 and winetricks installed.

I can run BIAB and hear sound from Timidity but BIAB will not recognize wineasio. I can only hear audio output from BIAB if Jack is not running.
    BIAB does not show up in JACK's connection list ( or in Patchage). That is where I need the help to see if there is some detail I am missing so that I can hear ( and patch) BIAB's audio while JACK is running.

Beans

Re: Can Band in a Box be used with Jack? Still no luck

I was able to download support for DXi instruments which allowed me to use a Hypercanvas VSTi instead of Timidity for sound output. Hypercanvas is more realistic than Timidity.

I can still hear audio from Band in Box only when Jack is not running. I haven't found any way to get Band in Box to run with Jack. I have no problem running VSTHost and Reaper with Jack.

Beans

Jackify'ing Band in a Box

http://www.linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2507

I saw the above thread about getting Jack to work with various applications with some familiar names posting there. I find I am not skilled enough yet in linux to attempt to Jackify Band in a Box. Is it even possible?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I suppose there are not a lot of people running band in a box in Linux. Have you tried selecting jack in the wine audio configuration? maybe use the pulse-jack plugin?

Cheers! Pablo

Beans

I suspected that there are not a lot of BIAB users on Linux.

I have tried using WINE with ALSA alone selected, ALSA and JACK both selected and JACK alone selected in WINEconfig but none of these allow me to get sound output from BIAB with JACK running.

I have no experience yet using PulseAudio and I just re-install PuleseAudio. I now have a PulseAudio applet. I can start PulseAudio in the
    terminal window using "pulseaudio --start" . I cannot get audio output from BIAB if I start PulseAudio before I run BIAB. If I start BIAB first I can get audio output, but PulseAudio doesn't seem to be doing anything for me.

I suspect that the issue is that BIAB does not allow me to select ASIO for audio. If I try to select ASIO, the program hangs up.
    Other windows programs will allow WineASIO to be selected, but BIAB has no such option. Only MME works as the audio output unless I hear of
    a method to select WineASIO.
    Last edited by windeguy; November 11th, 2010 at 11:01 PM.

Beans

I use BIAB regularly in Linux. I usually just use it through timidity, but if you use qsynth with a soundfont you can use it with jack. Just make sure you start qsynth first with a good GM soundfont loaded, using jack. Set BIAB to use Wine MIDI mapper for output.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by eric71 View Post
    I use BIAB regularly in Linux. I usually just use it through timidity, but if you use qsynth with a soundfont you can use it with jack. Just make sure you start qsynth first with a good GM soundfont loaded, using jack. Set BIAB to use Wine MIDI mapper for output.
    Thank you Eric. This looks like what I was trying to find. I will experiment with this!. Thanks again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast