Thread: No Mouse or Keyboard Input using kernel 3.5.0-18-generic

Beans

No Mouse or Keyboard Input using kernel 3.5.0-18-generic

After updating my kernel to the latest 3.5.0-18-generic, I have no mouse or keyboard input. It just sits at the login screen. Not even the power button works, I have to hold down to power button for 5 seconds and force a shutdown. If I boot up to the previous kernel, however, everything is fine.

Now that I have updated my kernel once through "apt-get upgrade", I can't seem to do it again, so every time since then I have been purging and reinstalling linux-image-3.5.0-18-generic as well as linux-headers-3.5.0-18-generic. Each time with the same result, no mouse or keyboard input.

Hopefully someone has experienced this before?
    Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: No Mouse or Keyboard Input using kernel 3.5.0-18-generic

Quote Originally Posted by lemming280 View Post
    After updating my kernel to the latest 3.5.0-18-generic, I have no mouse or keyboard input. It just sits at the login screen. Not even the power button works, I have to hold down to power button for 5 seconds and force a shutdown. If I boot up to the previous kernel, however, everything is fine.

Now that I have updated my kernel once through "apt-get upgrade", I can't seem to do it again, so every time since then I have been purging and reinstalling linux-image-3.5.0-18-generic as well as linux-headers-3.5.0-18-generic. Each time with the same result, no mouse or keyboard input.

Hopefully someone has experienced this before?
    Thanks.
    That kernel is probably being used successfully by tens of thousands of people by now, report it as a bug that affects your hardware.
    Regards, David.
    Please use the Forum search and Wiki search for immediate help
    Please mark your thread as Solved when appropriate
    New to technical forums?: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Beans

Re: No Mouse or Keyboard Input using kernel 3.5.0-18-generic

Actually I got it working two days ago (I forgot about this thread). It worked when I purged linux-image-3.5.0-18-generic and linux-headers-3.5.0-18-generic (again), and reinstalled both of them as well as linux-image-extra-3.5.0-18-generic.

Thanks for your reply