Thread: Need help configuring access permissions for Dropbox on Ubuntu properly,

Beans

Need help configuring access permissions for Dropbox on Ubuntu properly,

Hi! I have a dual-boot PC with Win7 and Ubuntu 12.04 on board. I've just installed a Dropbox application on Ubuntu and set the folder path to /home/svz/data/Dropbox.

Some explanation here: I have an NTFS drive mounted at /home/svz/data. The Dropbox folder is on that drive, cause I want it to be accessible from both Win7 and Ubuntu.

The problem is that Dropbox application doesn't have permission to write to that folder (I think so). It managed to index all the files present there, but it cannot download new ones.

The permissions for the folder are the following:
    svz@svz-PC:~/data$ ls -l|grep Dropbox
    drwxrwx--- 1 root plugdev 4096 Nov 6 23:37 Dropbox

I tried to do a chmod or a chown on that folder, but nothing changed. How can I solve this issue?

Beans

Re: Need help configuring access permissions for Dropbox on Ubuntu properly,

The only thing I could think of so far was to edit `fstab` and set UUID=000 for that partition. Works fine, though not a secure one..

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Need help configuring access permissions for Dropbox on Ubuntu properly,

here's a great guide about reading and writing to NTFS filesystems.

http://opensuse.swerdna.org/susentfs.html

even though its SUSE linux it still applies.