Thread: Keyboard Stops Working and Mouse Extremely Slow/Laggy

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Question Keyboard Stops Working and Mouse Extremely Slow/Laggy

While using Ubuntu, 3 times, my keyboard has stopped working and the mouse has become extremely laggy/slow.

Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit
    Keyboard: Logitech K750
    Mouse: Logitech M510

Removing and reinserting the universal receiver doesn't help. Only workaround is to restart.

I've never had any problems with this keyboard or mouse on Ubuntu 11.04 or Windows XP.

I previously had a problem where the keyboard wouldn't initially work on the log on screen, but that hasn't happened for a about a week (cue that happening on next boot)

Beans

Re: Keyboard Stops Working and Mouse Extremely Slow/Laggy

I am experiencing similar troubles with my mouse just now. My keyboard is working. My touchpad is working. But my mouse is unusable. It is slow/laggy as you say.

I am using a Latitude e6510 laptop on a dell docking station. But the mouse does not work also if i attach it to the laptop itself. Rebooting does not help. Tried another working mouse and other ports on both laptop and docking station - same problems, so it is not a hardware issue.

I did not changed anything on the system, just regular updates. What could that be? Did you manage to solve the problem?