Thread: CR2 Raw Image Viewer

Beans

CR2 Raw Image Viewer

Is there a CR2 raw image viewer for Ubuntu 12.04 to view images as thumbnails in a folder. I would like to see thumbnails of my CR2 images when I open the folder so I can decide on which one I want to edit without having to select every image one by one to see which one it is.

I have loaded GIMP and UFRaw for editing. RawTherapee does not recognize my home server folders where my pictures are stored.

Thanks

Beans

Re: CR2 Raw Image Viewer

Try installing gnome-raw-thumbnailer. I think that is what makes it work on my system. If that doesn't work for you, let me know and I'll poke around and see what else I have installed... it definitely works here, just not 100% sure what program it is, as I installed it quite some time ago.

Beans

Thanks TVTrukChik
    I will give it a try.
    I have done quite a bit of 'poking around' myself and just did not see anything.

Beans

I loaded, via software centre, gnome-raw-thumbnailer in my Ubuntu 12.04 system. Rebooted. It shows loaded in synaptic. It does not come in DASH. Files show in the folder view "Home Folder" icon still show as raw but no thumbnail view. I do not seem to be able to access the thumbnailer at all.

Beans

Whatever it is I have installed, you don't "access" it in any way. It's completely automatic. The files just show up with thumbnails in Nautilus. It sounds like you are using Unity, and I am not. Not sure if that could be the difference.

I am going in to work in a little while. I have a machine there that's using Unity, a fairly fresh install. I'll see if I can get thumbnails to show on that one.

Beans

You are probably right because I am using what the Ubuntu 12.04 loaded. I made no changes to the system after it was loaded into my computer.

Beans

Well, I wasn't successful in getting the other machine to display the thumbnails, but it looks like this is a confirmed bug -- https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...r/+bug/1057251

Beans

Thanks I hope the bug gets fixed asap. I would really like to see the thumbnails and that ability is something that would enhance my use of Ubuntu/Unity in 12.04.