Beans

Re: gedit crashes when opening any file

~/.local/share/gedit

found it. Thanks a lot!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Exclamation Re: gedit crashes when opening any file

I went looking around for info about your error and I'm leaning to the possibility that your python lib packages may be corrupt. Specificly, python-gobject and python-gobject-2.

Fire up Synaptic and mark both of those for reinstall. You may also want to reinstall python-gtk2 and python-gi, which are related packages.

I would recommend trying the other suggestions above before doing this, as it seems you have a more recent version [3.4] than the one I'm running [3.2] (possibly needed for some other package?). If it doesn't work after reinstall, try purging the packages (if it will let you do it without uninstalling a ton of stuff you might need) before another reinstall.

If it works, let us know what you had to do so that if anyone else has this problem they can solve it. It seems PyGObject errors are more common in Rythmbox than gedit.

EDIT: Seems you found the problem while I was typing this monster up. Good job!
    Last edited by sienile; November 7th, 2012 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Nevermind then.. :P
    MSI FM2-A75MA-E35 Motherboard - AMD A4-6300 Richland 3.7GHz (Radeon HD 8370D) - G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB - Iomega KVM - MS Digital Media Pro Keyboard
    The cure to dependency hell: apt-get install apt-file - apt-file search file-from-error

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12