Thread: New Wubi install of Ubuntu 12.04 cannot connect to wireless network

Beans

New Wubi install of Ubuntu 12.04 cannot connect to wireless network

Hello...

I seem to be having issues getting an internet connection through wi-fi on my new install. I've used older versions of Ubuntu in the past and not had any issues getting a connection.

Sometimes it'll say it's connected to my network, but I can't access any webpages or download anything via the software center. As soon as I click on the connection in the top dropdown menu, it informs me that I've been disconnected. If I leave it alone it'll say it's established a connection again, but in reality I still cannot access the internet.

I've tried restarting my modem and router, as well as deleting and recreating the connection. My computer has no problems connecting through its Windows installation. I don't really know where to start to solve the issue, as I am not familiar with Ubuntu or network issues.

Beans

Re: New Wubi install of Ubuntu 12.04 cannot connect to wireless network

I'm pretty much at the end of my rope, here. After hours spent researching this problem, nothing I've found has been helpful.

I was able to get a connection through my ethernet port, but still nothing on my wireless, even though it claims to have a connection. I can't change any settings within my network either...the save changes button is greyed out. How can I troubleshoot this connection problem?