Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: STEAM on Linux BETA

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: STEAM on Linux BETA

Nice, I am in too I had signed up rather late, so I think they are expanding rapidly

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Add me to that list, im in as well ;D
    Toshiba Satellite L875-s7230 / A6 2.7ghz dual-core piledriver w/ ATI Radeon HD 7520G / 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 RAM / 500 GB Seagate Momentus XT formatted JFS. >Wifi Drivers for this machine< My Deviant Screenshots

Beans

I'm in too but not enough disk space to TF2. Only 32gig SSD so..but I'll test indie games instead. Gotta get new rig when officially released.

Beans

well with the back door that was posted any linux user could get in beta invite or not.

There servers didnt die when people did it (gulity). So i bet they are just allowing people to join and contribute since odds are that they are playing anyways.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by 1204 View Post
    I'm in too but not enough disk space to TF2. Only 32gig SSD so..but I'll test indie games instead. Gotta get new rig when officially released.
    Yeah.. 10GBs... it would take me days to download it.. but the moment my friends findout that i COULD get it, they will nag me to do so

Anyone else sad when going straight to linux section, and you click on one of the very few games for linux there are to begin with, you click to start the download, and then it says, not available for your platform (?)

WaveForm is good, purchased that last night
    Toshiba Satellite L875-s7230 / A6 2.7ghz dual-core piledriver w/ ATI Radeon HD 7520G / 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 RAM / 500 GB Seagate Momentus XT formatted JFS. >Wifi Drivers for this machine< My Deviant Screenshots

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Are you ready ?

http://ubuntuxtreme.com/serious-sam-...nce-in-ubuntu/

The first GPU comparison in Ubuntu (and Linux in general) using Steam and Serious Sam 3. I used 17 modern GPUs in order to compare their performance in OpenGL and Steam. Let me know what you think in order to improve my reviews based on your needs and appetite.

Beans

I was playing SPAZ last night on my laptop with Ubuntu and it worked flawlessly, but the save file did not sync through cloud so I could play on my PC with W7. Does the beta not support cloud sync or am I doing something wrong? Says 0bytes/100mb used when I check under the updates tab.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

anybody NOT in the beta able to run TF2??? I managed to download it yesterday completely. Verified game cache too but the game displays a blackscreen then closes. I currently have the AMD beta 11 driver installed as recommended by many.
    Intel i5 Ivy Bridge 2.8Ghz (3.4Ghz Turbo), 64bit user, AMD GPU 7700 series

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by tjeremiah View Post
    anybody NOT in the beta able to run TF2??? I managed to download it yesterday completely. Verified game cache too but the game displays a blackscreen then closes. I currently have the AMD beta 11 driver installed as recommended by many.
    Yes, you have an unrelated support issue (its actually mentioned in their discussion forums); while i finally got the invitation, i have been playing for weeks
    i5-2500, Asus p8p67le, 8g ddr3, gtx460. Eeepc 701 4g surf.

vm.swappiness=0;noatime,data=writeback;deadline scheduler;preload.

Beans

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast