Thread: Dual booting, and losing multitouch functionality on touchpad

Beans

Dual booting, and losing multitouch functionality on touchpad

Hey guys,

Just bought a new Gazelle system, absolutely beautiful! i need to use windows 7 for some school specific software, and attempted to install windows 7 on the laptop. everything went well EXCEPT for the touchpad. It had full multitouch functionality on 12.10, but even after updating and installing all the drivers for it on windows 7 (both system76 recommended and others), it still does not have multitouch function.

In the description, it is just listed as a "standard pointing device" instead of having a version number. Any idea how I can solve this problem???

Thanks in advance!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Dual booting, and losing multitouch functionality on touchpad

Quote Originally Posted by k10chen View Post
    Hey guys,

Just bought a new Gazelle system, absolutely beautiful! i need to use windows 7 for some school specific software, and attempted to install windows 7 on the laptop. everything went well EXCEPT for the touchpad. It had full multitouch functionality on 12.10, but even after updating and installing all the drivers for it on windows 7 (both system76 recommended and others), it still does not have multitouch function.

In the description, it is just listed as a "standard pointing device" instead of having a version number. Any idea how I can solve this problem???

Thanks in advance!
    I believe there is a setting in Windows (look under the mouse settings) that let you enable two-finger scrolling. However, my knowledge of Windows is highly limited, and I can't be any more specific than that.
    Ian Santopietro - System76 Technical Support.
    Open a Support Ticket!
    Ask a Sales Question!

Beans

Re: Dual booting, and losing multitouch functionality on touchpad

found the problem and solved it! after talking to the tech support guys at system76, found out that the driver that they had on the wiki page was for a synaptics device, and my laptop needed an ELAN driver.... so simple!