Thread: "Install Ubuntu" absolutely busted

Hybrid View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 17.10 Artful Aardvark

"Install Ubuntu" absolutely busted

Using SDC and then plugging one of my reliable units with the USB, all goes well right up to the point when Ubiquity goes on it's screen-roll. Does not detect hardware, does not even attempt to install anything. No dialog status bar on the bottom, underneath the carousel.

Beans

Re: "Install Ubuntu" absolutely busted

....I confirm the bug...

bye
    Paolo

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I have seen the same thing for the last 3 days trying to use USB to install. How do we file a bug against this?

Thanks Bill
    LINUX Flight Simulator Machine - AMD 8-Core FX-8350 - Antec KUHLER H2O 920 - 32G Ram - Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 PCI/Express 6144 MB - Driver Version 340.76 - Asus VE278 - Ubuntu 64 bit 12.04 - 14.04 - 15.10-X-Plane 10.36rc1

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ventrical View Post
    Using SDC and then plugging one of my reliable units with the USB, all goes well right up to the point when Ubiquity goes on it's screen-roll. Does not detect hardware, does not even attempt to install anything. No dialog status bar on the bottom, underneath the carousel.
    I gave the so-called amd (+mac) iso a try though did not click on the "Install now"
    Mainly because I never got an "Installation Type" screen so wasn't going to risk losing my current installs

Did you get the "Installation Type" screen, either before or after 'Install now'? (it should be before

2nd reason is because I don't see why I'd want the +mac image for an intel machine...

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by mc4man View Post
    I gave the so-called amd (+mac) iso a try though did not click on the "Install now"
    Mainly because I never got an "Installation Type" screen so wasn't going to risk losing my current installs

Did you get the "Installation Type" screen, either before or after 'Install now'? (it should be before

2nd reason is because I don't see why I'd want the +mac image for an intel machine...

No .. I did not get "Installation Type". Tried the live session also .. no go. It just walked me through up until username/password <continue> and then the Ubiquity carousssel.
    Last edited by ventrical; November 7th, 2012 at 02:38 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ventrical View Post
    No .. I did not get "Installation Type". Tried the live session also .. no go. It jsut waled me through up until username/password <continue> and then the Ubiquity carousssel.
    Well without the "Installation Type" & partitioner ect. the .iso is basically worthless, maybe tomorrow or so will be better..

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by mc4man View Post
    Well without the "Installation Type" & partitioner ect. the .iso is basically worthless, maybe tomorrow or so will be better..

Yes .. agreed , I would assume so..

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

7th November about 1900 GMT

Earlier today I noticed that there were now daily images on the qa site. I downloaded today's (20121107) desktop amd64 and I got the same thing that you guys are reporting.

The slideshow worked great but it did not give the Allocate Drive Space screen, So no option to Do Something Else or anything else. It took the location, the keyboard and my details but did not install.

See, what you get by complaining about Ubiquity! It is not being included in the image anymore.

It is a new style live session. It takes you through the install process without actually installing. It is for those of a nervous disposition.

Regards.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530