Thread: Printer redirection in rdesktop

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Printer redirection in rdesktop

Hello,

Currently I have an hp laserjet p3015 printer installed in ubuntu 12.04 and it;s working just fine, I can print whatever I need to and I have to admit the installation of the printer in ubuntu was easier than it was in windows. Anyway that aside I am trying to remote desktop into a windows machine. I am using rdesktop to connect because it's easy to create a script file for a user to click and automatically run the program and login to the remote session.

Currently i am using this code rdesktop -r hplaserjet -f -u username -p password (ip address here)

hplaserjet is the name of the printer, ( I set it when I installed it) and I cannot get the printer reidrection to work properly. It's not even showing me the printer in the remote connection.

I was wondering if there is another program that I can use, must be able to run it automatically, that will allow me to redirect this printer.
    "I invited your friend, the companion cube, but he can't come, because you murdered him."

Beans

Re: Printer redirection in rdesktop

Can you try the following?

rdesktop -f -r printer:hplaserjet -u username -p password (ip address here)

Beans
    Distro

Sorry for the mixup thats the syntax I am using i forgot to use the printer:hplaserjet in the rdesktop command. My bad. And no it did not work sorry. =-(
    "I invited your friend, the companion cube, but he can't come, because you murdered him."

Beans

Does the "Share local printers" option in a client like Remmina work?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainLinux View Post
    Does the "Share local printers" option in a client like Remmina work?
    It did indeed now I have to find a way for the client to log in easily without having to memorize all the settingzs

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by choppyfireballs View Post
    It did indeed now I have to find a way for the client to log in easily without having to memorize all the settingzs
    The graphical interface for Remmina supports creating profiles that should store all the settings for a connection.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainLinux View Post
    The graphical interface for Remmina supports creating profiles that should store all the settings for a connection.
    That's exactly what I did, thanks for the help guys ill mark the thread as solved