Thread: some problems with Cinnamon

Beans

Post some problems with Cinnamon

Hello everyone,
    ever since i upgrade my Ubuntu to the latest update, it barley work. what happen is, all windows when i open them are not responding almost at all, when i use Firefox or Chrome (for Linux of course) the computer were freeze, now i use Cinnamon, but i freeze more often. when i open more then about 5 windows of whatever i use.
    do you know what can i do?

Beans

Re: some problems with Cinnamon

it continues to freeze at randoms time.
    i have no idea what the problme may be.

Beans

Without having full details of your system, it sounds like the upgrade did not perform correctly and may have caused conflicts within the Gnome environment. Did you upgrade from Update Manager or from the terminal?

It doesn't really matter which way, the best way to avoid conflicts with old and new versions of packages when upgrading is to perform a clean installation from a CD or USB disk.

My advice would be to perform a clean installation but backup (copy) any files you want to keep first. Or you can try and identify the cause of the conflicts and remove / replace those packages.

Hope this helps.

Beans

What would be useful to know about my system?

I upgrade from the update manger, because it did not work clean, i try to do it again but this time, i use USB key. and it still the same.