Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Creating a dual boot system after Ubuntu is already installed

Beans

Re: Creating a dual boot system after Ubuntu is already installed

I went into the BIOS and found something called SATA Operaton, and it had two options AHCI and ATA but I dont see anything for AHCI Settings. Could you give a little more info?

And yes XP set up starts but when I tell it to start the install, it says it cant find any windows partitions.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Just try the ATA setting
    Ubuntu Member Always something different. Promoting Ubuntu and System 76 at TUXPC

Beans

OMG I think it worked. For the first time I made it to the EULA, it didnt say "cant find windows partitions blah blah blah". I dont have time right now to investigate further but making it to the EULA is a big step forward. Next I gotta do all my partitions for dual boot: Linux, NTFS, Swap, etc, then install windows, then install linux. Lotta work to do but I got other stuff to do right now. In any case, thanks for your help, looks like its fixed.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by linux_trojan View Post
    OMG I think it worked. For the first time I made it to the EULA, it didnt say "cant find windows partitions blah blah blah". I dont have time right now to investigate further but making it to the EULA is a big step forward. Next I gotta do all my partitions for dual boot: Linux, NTFS, Swap, etc, then install windows, then install linux. Lotta work to do but I got other stuff to do right now. In any case, thanks for your help, looks like its fixed.
    Sorted eh
    Good
    Ubuntu Member Always something different. Promoting Ubuntu and System 76 at TUXPC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12