Thread: Ubuntu HUD changes focus to "always on top" window.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Ubuntu HUD changes focus to "always on top" window.

Hi,

I have proble with ubuntu 12.04, HUD (behind alt-key) changes focus from selected window to any window which happends to have "always on top" selected (most likely vlc-player).

Focus changes when HUD is shutting down. Sometimes this happends if system is doing something like installing updates.

This was driving me almost crazy, so I had to turn HUD off with ubuntu tweak.

Running Ubuntu 12.04 64bit.

Any help with this one?

Thanks.
    Asus a6ja / Intel Core Duo T2400 2x1.8GHz / 2GB DDR2 / Mobility Radeon X1600 256MB DDR2

Beans

Re: Ubuntu HUD changes focus to "always on top" window.

I have the same problem and it is very annoying (also Ubuntu 12.04 64bit).
    However it is not the HUD. The same thing happens if you open a preferences window for example (in Firefox I open Edit->Preferences, then hit Esc the focus goes to the "Always on top" window)

I tried to change the settings in Compiz (auto raise and focus) but it didn't help.
    On Unity 2D this does not happen.

If anyone has any idea....

Thank you...

Beans

Smile Re: Ubuntu HUD changes focus to "always on top" window.

Hi, I had the same problem and I solved finding the problematic extension/plugin.

In my case, the extension that was the "Global Menu Bar integration 3.5.4", which integrates the FF menu to the Unity panel. When I disabled it and restarted the FF, the "always on top" problem was solved.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...x/+bug/1023683