Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: constant error message /usr/bin/jockey-text

Beans

Re: constant error message /usr/bin/jockey-text

Hi Guys,

Any resolution on this one as I seem to be getting this one as well but I have the full error in the attachment below.

This seemed to show up after sending the error report, anyway help would be appreciated although as the system is my backend I don't need to be in front of it so ignoring it for time being is ok.

Cheers

Quazza
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Quazza; November 15th, 2012 at 09:34 AM. Reason: adding image of error

Beans

Hi.
    I've the same problem but only first line "/usr/bin/jockey-text/". When I type in terminal full path, the terminal displays a comment "adding drivers" and problem doesn't show anymore.

Peace

PS. Sorry for my English.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

If you are encountering constant crashes with jockey-text, can you please take a look in /var/crash for a crash report? it should say what's up.

We don't install "whoopsie" by default in mythbuntu, but you could also install that and let it submit these crash reports automatically too.

Beans

I am also having this problem on a fresh install of Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit.

The first time it happened I was clicking in "Additional Hardware" in the System Settings. It kept showing this error and the window wouldn't open. As suggested by the message I restarted my computer.
    Ok, after the reboot I was able to choose the recommended driver for my nvidia card.

Then it occurred again when I tried testing my audio through the Test Audio in the System Settings. I have a Realtek HD Audio card.

So I am guessing this is happening whenthe system tries to fetch the proprietary drivers for those cards.

I tried running the program /var/bin/jockey-text
    It searched for additional drivers but didn't report anything.
    I don't know if it installed them or not, but the error is gone for now. And both my video card and audio card are working fine.

Beans

Same thing happens to me on the 20 Thinkpad W530 systems I've set up by paving over the HD and installing Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit Desktop. As soon as I log in for the first time, and click on the taskbar to launch search (to get a terminal) the error about /usr/bin/jockey-text comes up.

Not sure if it is relevant, but these laptops have the Nvidia Optimus technology enabled by default; however, before installing Ubuntu, I disable Optimus and the "integrated" graphics, using only the "discrete" graphics.

These lines look interesting to my untrained eye:

Code:
    2013-01-02 12:54:09,309 DEBUG: searching handler for driver ID {'driver_type': 'kernel_module', 'kernel_module': 'nouveau'}
     2013-01-02 12:54:09,309 DEBUG: no corresponding handler available for {'driver_type': 'kernel_module', 'kernel_module': 'nouveau', 'jockey_handler': 'KernelModuleHandler'}
    I have attached the contents of the /var/crash logfile. As others have noted, the issue seems to vanish once I install nvidia-current. And yes, I have submitted the error report.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

I'm having the same problem. A full crash report is attached. The kicker comes at the end:

Code:
       File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/NvidiaDetector/nvidiadetector.py", line 68, in __init__
         self.getData()
       File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/NvidiaDetector/nvidiadetector.py", line 149, in getData
         driver_version = self.__get_value_from_name(stripped_package_name)
       File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/NvidiaDetector/nvidiadetector.py", line 87, in __get_value_from_name
         v = int(name)
     ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'experimental-304'
    UserGroups:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Even though it's the 304 version it's the same error. That's because the 304 version is what's in the APT cache.

The original problem is fixed, so once you update to the newer version of Jockey it won't happen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12