Thread: Sharing Printer from Linux Virtual Server?

Beans

Sharing Printer from Linux Virtual Server?

Hello,
    I'm currently stuck right now trying to share my printer to Windows 7 machines. It is connected (HP 1510) via USB to a Windows 7 machine running Ubuntu Server on VirtualBox.

I've configured CUPS already, (I followed tutorials since I'm still really new to Linux). I try to log onto the web server of cups using port 631. But, all I see is sharing from a website, or a ip address. Any help is appreciated, thank you very much in advance

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Sharing Printer from Linux Virtual Server?

This might get you somewhere:
    http://askubuntu.com/questions/14008...-recognize-usb

Sometimes it is relevant to say what version of Ubuntu you are using. For a server, the 12.04 LTS release is probably the best bet.

That said, I am not a fan of Ubuntu Server. My preference is to install Desktop Ubuntu, then add whatever server packages I need. That way, all the "normal" tools are available to you. If you're running a high-volume web site, Server makes sense.

Beans

Re: Sharing Printer from Linux Virtual Server?

Thank you for the help, I was unaware you could run desktop Ubuntu that way. I just decided to virtualize, and make a home server for educational purposes. I figured the best way to learn to do something is to set up it for myself, and Ubuntu Server seemed to be a popular choice. Thank you again for your help