Thread: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - WINE - Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Threaded View

Beans

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - WINE - Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

I am trying to get Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (the RPG, not the MMO) to work on my system, but I seem to be running into difficulties.

This is with plain WINE. I have tried PlayOnLinux and CrossOver as well to no avail, so I am back to plain WINE.

The game installs and launches fine, however when I get past the intro "credits" (which play flawlessly) to the Main Menu, practically all meshes/textures are gone. I have attached screenshots to illustrate this.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

System Specs:
    CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3.0GHz with HyperThreading
    RAM: 4.5GB
    Video Card: ATI Radeon X600 (128MB)

WINE Version:
    Code:
    robert@robert-Dell-DE510:~$ wine --version
    wine-1.5.16
    -NOTE: It is the absolute most recent one from the WINE PPAs -- not the standard Ubuntu repositories still on (I think) wine-1.4, although I tried that as the default, which didn't work; ergo my upgrading.

Screenshots:
    Main Menu: http://imagebin.org/234587
    Character Creation: http://imagebin.org/234588

Terminal Output:
    Code:
    robert@robert-Dell-DE510:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/LucasArts/SWKotOR$ wine swkotor.exe 
    fixme:system:SystemParametersInfoW Unimplemented action: 94 (SPI_GETMOUSETRAILS)
    fixme:winediag:AUDDRV_GetAudioEndpoint Winepulse is not officially supported by the wine project
    fixme:winediag:AUDDRV_GetAudioEndpoint For sound related feedback and support, please visit http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1960599
    fixme:dsound:DSOUND_WaveFormat Limiting channels to 2 due to lack of multichannel support
    fixme:d3d:check_fbo_compat Format WINED3DFMT_R10G10B10A2_UNORM with rendertarget flag is not supported as FBO color attachment, and no fallback specified.
    fixme:d3d:check_fbo_compat Format WINED3DFMT_B10G10R10A2_UNORM with rendertarget flag is not supported as FBO color attachment, and no fallback specified.
    fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x30ae2dc,0x00000000), stub!
    fixme:d3d:check_fbo_compat Format WINED3DFMT_R10G10B10A2_UNORM with rendertarget flag is not supported as FBO color attachment, and no fallback specified.
    fixme:d3d:check_fbo_compat Format WINED3DFMT_B10G10R10A2_UNORM with rendertarget flag is not supported as FBO color attachment, and no fallback specified.
    Last edited by Starminn; November 4th, 2012 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Fixed screenshots