Thread: Gazelle Pro RAM upgrade

Beans

Gazelle Pro RAM upgrade

Hey all,

I want to upgrade the RAM of my Gazelle PRO to 16gb. What are the supported RAM sticks? And which brand do you recommend and why?

Also - what is Cas Latency all about?

Lots of questions, but I don't want to get something, plug it in and have it fail. =)

Thanks

cprofitt is offline νόησις νοήσεως - nóesis noéseos
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Gazelle Pro RAM upgrade

Need to know which Gazelle Pro -- this years model with the third gen core i7 series processor should take PC3-12800.

I bought the following ram for my new laptop - Corsair Vengence

If you already have 8gb in a single dim you would not need a pair to make 16gb, just one stick. If you have 4GB you just need a single stick to get 8GB.

Ram timings are an indicator of performance -- the lower latency the faster the response of the ram is... though the 1600Mhz ram is also an indicator of that. Here is a good wikipedia article on the topic.

Beans

Thanks mate.

Yes I have this year's Gazelle with the 3rd gen i7. Bought it with 4GB since it's less expensive to expand it myself. The RAM from Amazon you listed seems pretty solid...

cprofitt is offline νόησις νοήσεως - nóesis noéseos
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by IntoFlow View Post
    Thanks mate.

Yes I have this year's Gazelle with the 3rd gen i7. Bought it with 4GB since it's less expensive to expand it myself. The RAM from Amazon you listed seems pretty solid...
    I have been happy with it ... put it through some testing using memtest, etc... and passed with flying colors.

The other brands I would consider are Crucial and Mushkin.