Thread: Getting steam and MW3 Running through wine without re downloading MW3

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Getting steam and MW3 Running through wine without re downloading MW3

So i have 2 HDDs in my computer. One has windows and ubuntu 12.04 running on it. The other is a GUID partion table that is just a storage drive. I have a full copy of my steam folder on the storage drive (letter e and im trying to make it so i dont have to redownload mw3.

I cant get the directories for wine to link.

I just tried somthing random. I went into the steam fold on the e: drive and right clicked on steam.exe and ran it in wine. It says my games are installed. I click play and it says completing installation? (a steam window not wine). Odd because i test the folder. In windows i can play it no problem. Even when i deleted my steam folder from program files on windows it ran no problem no installation or anything.
    Well i waited for it to go its thing and it hung on 1% for about 5 min then i got a steam error, the Steam servers are to busy to handle your request for Call of Duty: MW3. error code (16)
    I looked here: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...9851-PFHN-9932

Apparently that is connectivity issues. So i think that i need to link the directory for my steam apps to the already installed steam app. But when i do it, terminal says there is no such directory. I cant figure out where wine hides its crap... something like ~/.wine/c_programs/steam blah blah.

Anyone know how i can link thease together?

The path for the steam folder on my storage drive is e/storage/steam/ i believe.

Thanks for looking.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Getting steam and MW3 Running through wine without re downloading MW3

Hello.
    You should probably take a look at MW3 on WineDB. You will probably find the information you need right there. ¨
    Good riddance.