Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Viber

Beans

Question Viber

Is Viber available for Ubuntu 12.04?
    Last edited by Bucky Ball; May 11th, 2013 at 03:02 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Viber

Viber is a made for phone app so it currently works on Android and IoS platform.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by lizandeen View Post
    Is Viber available for Ubuntu 12.04?
    Some info here.

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/viper
    Remember When Double-Dog dare ya's and water balloons were the ultimate weapon?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by critin View Post
    www.viber.com

Beans

Hi,

This is a member of the Viber R&D Team!

We are happy to see your interest in our app.
    Viber at the moment is available only for mobile phone devices, but we have many surprises to come.

Please feel free to let us know your thoughts, questions and comments, we'd be happy to assist.
    Thanks,
    the Viber Team

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

We have been using Skype with video from UK desk/laptops to keep in touch with friends and family in the East Asian Pacific.

Sometimes the transmission stutters and breaks up and makes communication difficult. Today was such an occasion and someone suggested we try viber from a mobile Android phone instead. Transmission was clear then with no breakups. Would like to have viber on my desktop Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (or 10.04 LTS) too. When will that be available?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by resander View Post
    We have been using Skype with video from UK desk/laptops to keep in touch with friends and family in the East Asian Pacific.

Sometimes the transmission stutters and breaks up and makes communication difficult. Today was such an occasion and someone suggested we try viber from a mobile Android phone instead. Transmission was clear then with no breakups. Would like to have viber on my desktop Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (or 10.04 LTS) too. When will that be available?
    Viber for PC/Mac is something we plan for the future, but we still don't have specific release dates.

Once we have news, we'll make sure to inform our fans out there through our official Facebook page and HelpDesk

Beans

http://youtu.be/YrXL8KrGkm0

you can do it on a pc with the bluestack software but I would also be interested to see if we can do it on ubuntu please.

Beans

I am also very interested in a ported version for linux!
    Integration into Unity Gwibber / Friends will bring completly new use into viber from a workstation

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by resander View Post

Your transmission problems probably have nothing to do with the program you are using, and everything to do with the data communications or your computer.

When you used Viper on the phone, was it connected by WiFi? If so, your data communications are probably OK.

Skype is a bit of a pig, and likes a fast computer. What CPUs and memory do your computers have? Do you run a temperature monitor?

My wife uses Skype and QQ every day from Toronto to videoconference with friends and family in China, never a problem -- but she's got a really beefy computer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast