Thread: Zune Coming To Ubuntu ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Smile Zune Coming To Ubuntu ?

Here's a weird one for you...

I was sitting here, doing work on Conky, and I kept hearing a little 'chirp', like a battery was going dead in some device.

Closest battery-powered device was my Zune -- haven't charged it in a month or two. So, I plugged it into a USB port.

Boom! It mounted itself. I've never seen that before.

I kept working on Conky, and noticed Zune was listed in my file manager, so I clicked on it, expecting an error. Hello!?!?!

I can open all of the folders (expect for null) and display the contents. How weird is that?

I know 'they' are being real secretive, these days, but has anybody heard/read about Ubuntu supporting Zune
    Last edited by VinDSL; November 3rd, 2012 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Typo Demon Strikes Again
    Intel ® P4 Extreme Edition 3.4 (Gallatin) || DFI ® LanParty PRO875B rev B1
    Crucial ® Ballistix Tracer PC4000 1GB || Mountain Mods U2-UFO Opti-1203
    XFX 7600GT 560M AGP (PV-T73A-UDF3) || Corsair HX520W Modular PSU

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Zune Coming To Ubuntu ?

It could be with all the kernel patches MS has submitted, that they included Zune compatibility as a part of the process.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Does this only work in rr, or does it work in other releases too?!

I have zune hd that I haven't bothered using in ages because of its lack of linux compatibility, this is great news!

EDIT: Just un-dusted my zune and tried it, works in 12.10!
    Last edited by screaminj3sus; November 4th, 2012 at 01:23 AM.
    Desktop: Windows 8 x64 | Intel Core i5-2500 | 16 GB DDR3 1333 | ATI 6950 2gb | 64gb Vertex 2/320gb/750gb/1tb hdd
    Laptop: System76 Lemur Ultra | Xubuntu 13.04 x64 | 2.5Ghz Intel Core i5-3210m | 8GB DDR31600 | Intel HD4000 | 500GB 7200rpm hybrid hdd

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by screaminj3sus View Post
    Does this only work in rr, or does it work in other releases too?!

I have zune hd that I haven't bothered using in ages because of its lack of linux compatibility, this is great news!

EDIT: Just un-dusted my zune and tried it, works in 12.10!
    how did you do that?
    I'm on 12.10 and still can't see anything

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by picciottino View Post
    how did you do that?
    I'm on 12.10 and still can't see anything
    I just plugged it in and it let me mount it in nautilus. Unfortunately it hardly worked, and was extremely slow/buggy. And if I tried to access it in banshee or clementine it causes massive issues (clementine would immediately leak gigs of memory, banshee would start using like 400% cpu)
    Desktop: Windows 8 x64 | Intel Core i5-2500 | 16 GB DDR3 1333 | ATI 6950 2gb | 64gb Vertex 2/320gb/750gb/1tb hdd
    Laptop: System76 Lemur Ultra | Xubuntu 13.04 x64 | 2.5Ghz Intel Core i5-3210m | 8GB DDR31600 | Intel HD4000 | 500GB 7200rpm hybrid hdd

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by screaminj3sus View Post
    I just plugged it in and it let me mount it in nautilus. Unfortunately it hardly worked, and was extremely slow/buggy. And if I tried to access it in banshee or clementine it causes massive issues (clementine would immediately leak gigs of memory, banshee would start using like 400% cpu)
    The players go mad to me as well, but I can't make it work with nautilus either. So, are you able to put songs in there?