Thread: RR locking up.

Beans

RR locking up.

Testing is fun so far.

Update Manager locks up after doing any updates whether they are any updates or not. ( as soon as you press OK to close the update window )

Updating RR from terminal does the same as above when you type exit to close the terminal window.

FireFox will not close most times and RR locks up tight.

I have a few other programs that do much the same. I guess I need to wait for an update or two.

Testing RR on a Toshiba Intel(i5) based laptop.

Beans

Re: RR locking up.

Just an update:

Still not useable even after all the updates at this time.

Beans

After this evenings updates it seems things are a go again. Time to play until the next one.

Beans

Well from marked as been solved is now as bad as it was or not worse after the updates over the last 24 hrs. Intel graphic cards are suffering more than ever.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 17.10 Artful Aardvark

Works ok here. I have always had better workability with Intel based graphics.

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82915G/GV/910GL Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 04)

HP PY028AA-ABA-A1106N:

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I had a hard lockup watching a Youtube video last night, but that's the first time since upgrading to Raring. So far I can't upgrade to the 3.7 kernel, as the system won't even finish booting, so I'm still running the 3.5 kernel.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I've been getting the lockups here too . I have found that they occur for me when I try to close the last window , as long as I keep 1 window open I get no lockups . This is with the 3.5.0-17 kernel , I haven't been able to get the 3.7 kernel to boot on my box yet .
    if it ain't broke you haven't tweaked it enough

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

My Intel Corporation 82915G/GV/910GL Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 04) has a problem if I enable multi-threading on my Pentium 4. If I disable multi-threading everything works fine. I filed a bug-report: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1080427
    Desktop: P-IV 3.2gHz, RAM= 1.5GB, Disk=80GB+500GB, LCD=22", Bought 2012 $90
    File Server: P-III 650mHz, RAM = 384MB, Disks 240 + 300GB, Bought 2005 $60
    File Server HP Vectra VL8i SFF, 2 cables connected: Ethernet and Power

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ronacc View Post
    I've been getting the lockups here too . I have found that they occur for me when I try to close the last window , as long as I keep 1 window open I get no lockups . This is with the 3.5.0-17 kernel , I haven't been able to get the 3.7 kernel to boot on my box yet .
    You are correct when you say trying to close the last window. I will have to follow that a little closer.
    Thanks and happy testing.