Thread: Problems with dual monitor

Beans

Problems with dual monitor

Hello,

I have an Radeon 9200 Pro and i install 2 monitors , the main monitor for VGA and the second for DVI.

It work perfectly when mirror screens is enabled but when i disabled this option the screens go crazy. The cursor work perfect but i cant see the windows...

i have an photo of this.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...allazo1oh.png/

if someone know how can i fix it reply please.

Thank you.

Beans

Re: Problems with dual monitor

I had the same issue and installing and configuring through arandr worked for me.

Beans

Thank you!!

It's a very useful application, and i will use to configure my desktops, but when i fix it...because the error isn't fixed. I take another foto but is the same or very similar.

In the photo you can see the configuration of the monitors.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...tallazo2y.png/

Than you!!

Beans

I'm not sure what that issue might be. Mine looked exactly like your first one and it was because ubuntu was configuring them so the displays were overlapping. When I changed them in arandr the problem was solved. In this case it looks like it might be a graphics driver issue.

Are you running the open source or proprietary driver?

Have you tried installing and setting it up through ATI Catalyst Control Center?

Beans

I have the open source drivers installed and i don't know what is ATI Catalyst Control Center. Can i solve my problem with this??

Thank you!!

Beans

ATI Catalyst Control Center is the application used to configure the proprietary drivers. Check this question on AskUbuntu for information on installing the proprietary drivers with the control center. Different answers cover different versions of Ubuntu so make sure you follow the instructions for your version.

I don't have a system that uses ATI chipsets so if this doesn't help I would be about at the limit of my abilities.

Beans

the problem is solved. I intall Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin and the error is gone . now i have new error with other hardware xD. Thank you!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

under thread tools mark the thread as solved, then make a new thread for you new issue
    Laptop: ASUS A54C-NB91 (Storage: WD3200BEKT + MKNSSDCR60GB-DX); Desktop: Custom Build - Images included; rPi Server
    Putting your Networked Printer's scanner software to shame PHP Scanner Server
    I frequently edit my post when I have the last post