Thread: Completely, Absolutely free mmorpg

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Completely, Absolutely free mmorpg

Hello

I can't trust sites like mmorpg.com and such to really tell me the answer to this, because all of their free games have systems wherein you pay to access all the cool stuff.

My philosophy is that any "free" mmorpg that makes/allows you to pay for items/money/levels is not really free.

Does anyone know of any games that follow my philosophy? For example, Mana World seems to do that nicely, but I'd like to try out new games.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Completely, Absolutely free mmorpg

Quote Originally Posted by pteri498 View Post
    Hello

I can't trust sites like mmorpg.com and such to really tell me the answer to this, because all of their free games have systems wherein you pay to access all the cool stuff.

My philosophy is that any "free" mmorpg that makes/allows you to pay for items/money/levels is not really free.

Does anyone know of any games that follow my philosophy? For example, Mana World seems to do that nicely, but I'd like to try out new games.
    Take a look at this Wiki page. It explicitly separates those that are "truly" free (per your definition) from those that are supported by advertising, real-money purchases, etc.

Note that there aren't a lot to choose from. If for no other reason, the devs need to pay the bandwidth bills *somehow*...

Lloyd B.
    Don't tell me to get a life.
    I had one once.
    It sucked.

Beans

I am also looking for the turely free games, and thanks for your link

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release