Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dialog box window sizes

Beans

Re: Dialog box window sizes

Bug has partially been resolved in LO 4.0.0.3.
    Version 4.0.0.3 (Build ID: 7545bee9c2a0782548772a21bc84a9dcc583b89)
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring 64 Bit.

Open Dialogue Window does not overlap any more when checkbox is checked in CompizConfigSettings manager for maximised windows under the Window Rules Option.

The WIndow is fully maximised with Unity Integration in LibreOffice, and it remembers its maximised state in the application.

The problem is that this only occurs when it is checked using CompizConfigSettings Manager, can this now be constructed as being the default process for Open and Save Dialogue windows that are maximised in Ubuntu?
    Without having to check the maximised windows option in CompizConfigSettings Manager, so that they may have full unity integration on the display monitor.
    I would also like to escalate this query to other programs within Ubuntu, as it has the same maximise issue for open and save dialogue windows in programs such as Rhythmbox, and Evince Document Viewer.
    It is a common bug on Ubuntu Systems with Unity.
    bash321

Beans

mc4man = your solution worked for the gtk open and save dialogue box windows problem with maximised windows. I wish it was integrated into Unity by default, as it would reveal a cleaner less time consumer interface for Open and Save Dialogue Box Windows in Ubuntu, and for its users.
    bash321

Beans

It is a common bug on Ubuntu Systems with any version of UNITY installed.
    Please Help!
    I have received no communication lately from anyone who can resolve this issue.
    This is still an occurrence on the latest development release of Ubuntu Saucy 13.10 and it should be RESOLVED ASAP. As there is clearly a design error with gtk+ integration the file manager and open and save dialog windows running on any gtk+ program in Ubuntu.

A LibreOffice Developer has even posted that they cannot fix this issue as it is clearly a design error and issue with Ubuntu "Unity".
    I can also provide a desktop recording video attachment to show my exact problem and bug.
    bash321.
    Last edited by cariboo907; May 20th, 2013 at 04:02 PM. Reason: normalize font to comply with forum C of C
    bash321

dino99 is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Well, you already know that actual unity is based on gtk; and the "next" unity is rewritten with qt. Meaning that actual issues with the gtk design is not receiving much attention, but the "critical" ones.
    Thats the actual transitional "unstable" status: actual unity/compiz is slowly dying and the "next" is still a work in progress.
    So on my side i have opt-in for gnome-shell (gnome3-team ppa) which is closely the same as unity regarding many features (but not all, GS is also a work in progress)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12