Thread: Random mouse AND trackpad lag in 12.04 and up

Beans

Random mouse AND trackpad lag in 12.04 and up

I've been scouring the net for a solution to this problem for a week or so to no avail...

I have a generic/LDLC/Clevo laptop with an Intel Core 2 Duo SU7300. It works perfectly on Xubuntu 10.04LTS, and Windows 7. When I upgrade to Xubuntu 12.04 or 12.10 I get occasional pointer lag (slows down/out of control) that seems to last for a short or long period before going back to normal at random intervals. During this lag time everything else (keyboard etc) seems to work fine. This problem occurs both with the trackpad and with two different USB mice that I have tried. I have tried adding "i8042.nomux=1 i8042.reset=1." the the kernel, as well as various other commands (psmouse etc) that I found on the forum, but nothing worked.

I also tried installing Jupiter and changing the CPU settings, this also did nothing.

I've also tried installing Fedora, Mint, Mint Debian, and the same problem occurred.

Any ideas???

Beans

Re: Random mouse AND trackpad lag in 12.04 and up

I installed Ubuntu Studio 12.10, and this problem has been almost entirely solved (that is to say that the pointer problem appears very briefly and very occasionally).

Beans

Re: Random mouse AND trackpad lag in 12.04 and up

Hello,

I have the same problem under Xubuntu 13.04 raring and I would rather not install Ubuntu Studio 12.10. Any one has another idea to fix this?

Thank you!