Thread: making Xaile default player

Beans

Question making Xaile default player

Hello Everyone.
    I am using Xubuntu 12.04 on my computer. When I put a music cd in to my tray “ Brasero” loads up automatically. I have “Exaile” installed and I would prefer to use this.
    How do I make “Exaile” my default music player so it would load up when I install a cd.
    Thank you for any advice.

Beans

Re: making Xaile default player

I cannot check if this works, but open the file manager and select Edit->Preferences...->Advanced. Click on the Configure link in the Volume Management section. That should lead you the Removable Drives and Media configuration dialog. Look under the tab Multimedia...
    Last edited by mali2297; October 29th, 2012 at 02:18 PM.

Beans

Hi Malli2297
    Thanks for your reply. I have attached a screenshot of my Multimedia settings.
    When I go to multimedia as you can see it says “Audio cds” where it says “command Parole device” etc I have changed Parole to Exaile but it doesn’t work.
    Hope I have explained this properly.

Beans

And Parole does not start either but Brasero, right? Since Brasero is an application to burn CDs, I guess the system thinks your CD is blank. Try unchecking the option Burn a CD or DVD when a blank disc is inserted under the Storage tab.

Have you tried more than one audio CD? Do you experience the same problem with all? Are they bought or have you burnt them yourself?
    Last edited by mali2297; October 29th, 2012 at 09:05 PM.

Beans

Hi Mali2297
    Sorry for the late reply. After a lot of messing about I installed VLC and made it the default player for cd/dvds everything seems to be working fine.
    Thank you very much for your help