Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: The problem with sound through HDMI

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Beans
    11

    Question The problem with sound through HDMI

    Good day!
    I have a problem with sound through HDMI.

    I use a video card Inno3D GF-GT440-DVI-VGA-HDMI-SDDR3-1GB and monitor Benq M2700HD. They are connected with an HDMI cable.

    I install Mythbuntu from mythbuntu-12.04.1-desktop-amd64.iso
    Initially, I used the default video driver. However, when viewing the video image moved by some waves.
    Then I installed the proprietary driver and the video quality has improved.

    Unfortunately I was not able to achieve what would output sound in monitor's speaker system via HDMI.

    I went through all of the proposed Mythtv sound settings, where mentioned HDMI. Unfortunately, when you run on the test, sound does not appear.

    What do I need to do, what would Mythbuntu began to be used as sound device a built-in speakers on HDMI monitor?

    Ogogon.
    Last edited by ogogon; October 31st, 2012 at 11:34 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Christchurch, NZ
    Beans
    3,239

    Re: The problem with sound through HDMI

    Quote Originally Posted by ogogon View Post
    Good day!
    I have a problem with sound through HDMI.

    I use a video card Inno3D GF-GT440-DVI-VGA-HDMI-SDDR3-1GB and monitor Benq M2700HD. They are connected with an HDMI cable.

    I install Mythbuntu from mythbuntu-12.04.1-desktop-amd64.iso
    Initially, I used the default video driver. However, when viewing the video image moved by some waves.
    Then I installed the proprietary driver and the video quality has improved.

    Unfortunately I was not able to achieve what would output sound in monitor's speaker system via HDMI.

    I went through all of the proposed Mythtv sound settings, where mentioned HDMI. Unfortunately, when you run on the test, sound does not appear.

    What do I need to do, what would Mythbuntu began to be used as sound device a built-in speakers on HDMI monitor?

    Ogogon.
    Are you sure your monitor supports sound over HDMI? I know TVs do, but I have never used an hdmi monitor.

    Other than that, go into the Setup Wizard and it will scan your audio devices, and there is a built in speaker test.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Beans
    11

    Re: The problem with sound through HDMI

    Quote Originally Posted by nickrout
    Are you sure your monitor supports sound over HDMI? I know TVs do, but I have never used an hdmi monitor.
    This monitor has two HDMI inputs.
    To the other input connected mediapalyer G-mini MagicBox HDR1100H. He successfully reproduces sound through HDMI.

    Quote Originally Posted by nickrout
    Other than that, go into the Setup Wizard and it will scan your audio devices, and there is a built in speaker test.
    I already did, and no result.
    None of the modes, where HDMI, audio is not yet appeared.

    Ogogon.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Beans
    2

    Re: The problem with sound through HDMI

    I found that I have to have the HDMI monitor connected at bootup on my GT430 to have sound work. Otherwise alsa doesn't detect the modes it supports and won't send any sound.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •