Thread: pithos dont work!

Beans

Question pithos dont work!

i have the correct repo, i did an uninstall and re-installed it. it logs me in, says getting songs, and nothing!
    help?

Beans

Re: pithos dont work!

Try a different audio format. Go to settings and change it. It may ask you to install extra audio codecs so the format can work. AACPlus works fine for me. What solutions have you tried so far? Have you tried a reboot?
    Ubuntu is my past, present, and future. Gonna help it take over the world, someday.
    System specs: CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 830 @ 3.2GHz | GPU - AMD Radeon HD 6670 | MB - MSI 760GM-P23 | RAM - 4GB DDR3 1366 MHz | OS - Arch, Windows 7

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

That did it...for some reason mp3-hifi doesn't work in Pithos, but changing format to AACPlus fixes it.

Now if someone could sort the Pandora plugin for XBMC, I would be stoked!

Beans

Glad everything worked. I think you have to have a paid account to use MP3-Hifi. Happy listening.
    Last edited by rectec794613; December 8th, 2012 at 09:53 PM.
    Ubuntu is my past, present, and future. Gonna help it take over the world, someday.
    System specs: CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 830 @ 3.2GHz | GPU - AMD Radeon HD 6670 | MB - MSI 760GM-P23 | RAM - 4GB DDR3 1366 MHz | OS - Arch, Windows 7

Beans

Hey thanks, have been trying to get Pithos working since last night. Checked that option when I first got it installed and forgot. Switched over to AAC and boom music :]

Beans

It's an easy fix. Glad I could help. I think this problem can be considered solved.