Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: running android in VM no internet

monkeybrain2012 is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans

Re: running android in VM no internet

Quote Originally Posted by cmcanulty View Post
    Sorry I am confused I looked at that page and their are a ton of different files. Which should I download to run android with ethernet in virtual box on my Ubuntu 12.04?
    Click the link that says "DOWNLOAD" (thanks to Ron M for this build)

squakie is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

On that link that monkeybrain2012 posted, I had to click on the link where it said so and so had a compiled version with all the libs in it and the networking patch - it's kind of in the middle of a paragraph as you read. I did not install any of the other packages. As monkeybrain2012 pointed out in his last post above - it's the DOWNLOAD text that shows in that paragraph.

Thanks
    monkeybrain2012 for all of your great help!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

OK I downloaded it and got a setup.exe file which virtual box won't accept. I am sorry to be so dumb but nothing I try with android works.
    I downloaded from the download link in the paragraph below on this web page

http://www.webupd8.org/2012/07/andro...ased-with.html

The official Android-X86 builds do not have Ethernet support, so you won't have an Internet connection while running Android-X86 in VirtualBox. You can, however, use a custom Android-X86 4.0.4 RC2 build that adds Ethernet support: DOWNLOAD (thanks to Ron M for this build!).

squakie is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Wink Re: running android in VM no internet

OK I downloaded it and got a setup.exe file which virtual box won't accept. I am sorry to be so dumb but nothing I try with android works.
    I downloaded from the download link in the paragraph below on this web page

http://www.webupd8.org/2012/07/andro...ased-with.html

The official Android-X86 builds do not have Ethernet support, so you won't have an Internet connection while running Android-X86 in VirtualBox. You can, however, use a custom Android-X86 4.0.4 RC2 build that adds Ethernet support: DOWNLOAD (thanks to Ron M for this build!).
    First, you are actually going to install this into it's own vm, not an existing one - it's not something you install within another vm. Then you should just point the virtual macine's cd drive to the iso image that was downloaded, then start the vm. It needs the actual ISO and needs to boot from that. Sort of like downloading and installing ubuntu Once you've installed it, be sure to power down the vm, go to settings and change the cd drive back to the physical drive, then restart the vm. Not doing so will just get you in a big loop of install, restart, asking me to install again, restart, etc.

I think you got the correct download - just go to the
    Download for VirtualBox

section and download the ISO as you noted from Ron M. via he big red download right in front of it on the same line. You are actually making a completely new vm that only has android in it - don't try to install it in something like a vm running Windows.
    Last edited by squakie; November 3rd, 2012 at 09:30 AM.

Beans
    Distro

when I click on the download I get an exe file not an iso I am about to give up a week of total frustration

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

when I click on the download I get an exe file not an iso
    Make sure you're clicking the link that says "Click here to start download from sendspace". I see other links that look like they're for the download, but really, they're ads.
    Jane, stop this crazy thing!

Beans
    Distro

can you please post the link I find nothing on the page saying download from sendspace

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Clicking the link for Ron M's build should take you to http://www.sendspace.com/file/t5a3aj.

I haven't tried that .iso yet, but I'm downloading it now, and it's definitely an .iso.
    Jane, stop this crazy thing!

Beans
    Distro

OK thanks I was clicking download above that which was an exe will update after I try the install thanks

Beans
    Distro

OK I got it installed and running. 2 issues the mouse isn't operational and I have a very weird desktop on it see screenshot without a mouse I can't access anything to change it
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast