Thread: Low resolution

Hybrid View

Beans

Low resolution

Hello, my resolution is very low. I want to change it to what I use on windows (1600x900). How do I do that? Also, I have the Nvidia GT320 Video Card.

Thanks in advance,
    Thomas.

Beans

Re: Low resolution

Bump

Beans

Bump

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Have you tried the methods in https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Config/Resolution ?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

What version of Ubuntu are you using. That is always useful to know because Ubuntu has changed over the years and instructions that were useful for earlier versions of Ubuntu will not be helpful for the latest version of Ubuntu.

Have you activated a proprietary video driver? When we use the proprietary Nvidia driver we also get a Settings utility that we can use to detect our display and perhaps change the screen resolution.

If we have not activated a proprietary vidio driver then we will automatically use the open source Nouveau driver. To make adjustments to the Nouveau settings we use the Displays utility in System Settings.

Not knowing which version of Ubuntu you are using I cannot give you directions on where to find either the Nvidia settings utility or the Displays utility.

Regards.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530