Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guild Wars 2 on Ubuntu 12.10 is laggy

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Guild Wars 2 on Ubuntu 12.10 is laggy

Is anyone else getting this awful fps?
    I'm getting sick of it. So discouraged to play..

Beans

Me too. Laggy fps.
    Any improvements since november?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

The last Wine version I tried was 1.5.12, but that was with my AMD HD6850. The fps was 10 on average, very much like Nanur's experience.

I just downloaded 1.5.23 in PlayOnLinux, and since I'm using an Nvidia card now I'm going to give it another go. Going to have to reinstall it though. Stopped playing because the fps was so painful...
    Heck you can even see the bad fps on my video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtZvqPBx2O4

EDIT: Oh my goodness, Wine 1.5.25 is already out... They really work fast! Hopefully this is a good release.
    Last edited by myromance123; March 3rd, 2013 at 10:51 PM. Reason: made a typo

Beans

I have an AMD graphics card (HD Radeon 6700) at the moment and GW2 was running at about 10FPS on average. I did manage to speed it up a bit more by switching to XFCE desktop, removing Pulseaudio and going back to ALSA, but it was still quite hard to play in areas with lots of activity. Definitely better than nothing though

I'm upgrading my graphics card to 7700 this week, but still not too optimistic! (And reading what others have said about the 7700 on these forums isn't filling me with confidence! ) Will let you know how it goes!

On a slightly unrelated topic - Diablo 3 works great, so that's something to keep me entertained until GW2 works better!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12