Thread: How do I change desktop setting in ubuntu 12.04?

Beans

How do I change desktop setting in ubuntu 12.04?

I upgraded from ubuntu10.04 to 12.04 and was not satisfied with the default desktop. The icons were arranged along a column at the left side of monitor. Initially I was told that the only way to avoid such pattern is to install other desktop so I installed lxde. But this presented another problem. Now I hear that using nautilus one can unset the default position of the icons on the desktop in 12.04. How can I do that? Can I create a horizontal panel at the bottom which was default in the 10.04 (actually was on top but configurable)? Please suggest steps for making these changes. Thanks.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: How do I change desktop setting in ubuntu 12.04?

Have a good long read of http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1966370 which tells you how to get back to a DE similar to your 10.04 system.
    DISTRO: Xubuntu 14.04-64bit --- Code-tags --- Boot-Repair --- Grub2 wiki & Grub2 Basics --- RootSudo

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

unity and gnome 3 are just a piece of **** .. i also tried to adjust with ubuntu 12.04 and did the same mistake as u did .. but unfortunatly i couldnt get used to it .. so i formated the hdd and installed ubuntu 10.04 .. the gold standard of linux ... and infact the new distros based on gnome 3 are based to just destroy the already little tiny linux user base ..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

however try installing cairo dock and its from login select it .. i think it may be better or read on how to instaled mate in ubuntu ..