Thread: Epson inkjet prints first job ok then garbage until reset

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome Development Release

Epson inkjet prints first job ok then garbage until reset

I have an older Epson Stylus Color 880 printer, with the driver for that model installed on a machine originally running Ubuntu 12.04 and now 12.10.

Whether I print from that machine or a networked Windows or Linux machine, the first print job is perfect. Starting with the next job, it prints anywhere from a few characters to half a page of gibberish before form-feeding, until it runs out of paper.

Simply powering cycling the printer doesn't stop it; it recommences printing garbage. But if I power off the printer *and* unplug it from the Ubuntu machine's USB port, then plug it back in and switch it back on, it prints the entire intended document.

That counts as a new "first" job, i.e., on the next job it will start printing garbage again.

Anyone have and fix a similar problem, even with a different kind of printer? Since the driver I have installed purports to be for this very model, I'm at a loss for how to troubleshoot this.
    Here's a koan for you: "I feel more like I did when I first got here than I do now."

Beans

Re: Epson inkjet prints first job ok then garbage until reset

so from OpenPrinting

http://www.openprinting.org/printer/...son-Stylus_800

they optimistically believe your printer should be PERFECT

....if you download the driver from this site?

.......if all else fails.........treat yourself to a new printer ......

........go on...........you deserve it...........