Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to burn music files (mp3, ogg...) according to a playlist (m3u, pls...)

Beans

How to burn music files (mp3, ogg...) according to a playlist (m3u, pls...)

Hi!

I need help to create an "mp3 CD" which will play my music in my playlist order. Most CD/DVD players will play an "Data CD" (e.g. CD with .mp3 files) in alphabetical order... What I need is some kind of software that will copy and then rename all files listed in the playlist by adding 001, 002, 003.....and so on..... Maybe a script will do the job?

Please help me to never leave the path of Linux!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: How to burn music files (mp3, ogg...) according to a playlist (m3u, pls...)

Quote Originally Posted by Jan D View Post
    Hi!

I need help to create an "mp3 CD" which will play my music in my playlist order. Most CD/DVD players will play an "Data CD" (e.g. CD with .mp3 files) in alphabetical order... What I need is some kind of software that will copy and then rename all files listed in the playlist by adding 001, 002, 003.....and so on..... Maybe a script will do the job?

Please help me to never leave the path of Linux!

I'd be very interested in this solution; as I've been looking for the ability to burn a mp3 cd via the m3u file. I have not found such an app.

Bill
    Ubuntu 10.04-Server: HP Pavilion: AMD Athlon 3200; 2gb RAM; GeForce4 MX - nForce; 160gb HDD; 1TB eSATA External HDD | Ubuntu 10.04: Dell D600; Intel Pentium M 1600 MHz; 2gb RAM; ATI Radeon 9000 (RV250); 60gb HD | Ubuntu User #24614

Beans
    Hidden!

Hi,
    save your playlist as .m3u and then :

Code:
    sed '/^#/d' MyPlayListFile.m3u | tr '\n' '\0' | xargs -0 k3b --datacd
    or if you prefer Brasero

Code:
    sed '/^#/d' cd\ aprile\ 2009.m3u | tr '\n' '\0' | xargs -0 brasero -d
    bye Fil

Beans

Could you be a little more specific about the steps to take in terminal. this problem has bothered me for years. If I forget to number each file first they show up alphbatized! Thanks for your help.
    Kenny

Beans
    Hidden!

my suggestion is for burn a mp3 Cd from a .3mu playlist file.

Probably what you need is batch renaming , ex :

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...+rename+prefix

bye

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by snapback77 View Post
    Could you be a little more specific about the steps to take in terminal. this problem has bothered me for years. If I forget to number each file first they show up alphbatized! Thanks for your help.
    Kenny
    just use k3b--I believe it will do what you want it to do

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

The attached script does a much better job... it will keep your files in the original order as specified by the M3U playlist file.

Files will be burned to data CD in their original MP3/M4A/OGG formats, there is not format conversion happening here.

Happy to hear any feedback about this... http://jpye.dyndns.org/
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jdpipe; November 23rd, 2010 at 05:35 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jdpipe View Post
    The attached script does a much better job... it will keep your files in the original order as specified by the M3U playlist file.

Files will be burned to data CD in their original MP3/M4A/OGG formats, there is not format conversion happening here.

Happy to hear any feedback about this... http://pye.dyndns.org/
    How do you use this (or any for that matter) script?
    I have a playlist I want to burn to MP3, but it only give option for audio CD.

Is there a Player or Burner that will do this automatically?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

To use the script, save it to your home directory (~/m3utocd.py), then save your /path/to/your/playlist.m3u (whatever its name is) then open a terminal window and type

python ~/m3utocd.py /path/to/your/playlist.m3u

that should make some output, then it should pop up a Brasero window allowing you to burn your MP3 CD with the correct track ordering.

I couldn't find any current software that supported this feature. I reported the script to the Rhythmbox developers but no reply just yet.

Beans

Well the solution is simple and already exists..

1. Open Rhythmbox and go to your playlist, select all tracks
    2. Open Brasero and create a data project
    3. Drag the selected tracks from Rhythmbox inside the Brasero add files window
    4. Voilà! you're done

Hope this helps

P.S : you can do the same thing to copy the playlist inside a folder in a file system (Removable media for instance)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast